• Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Google+ Icon
  • Grey YouTube Icon
  • Grey Pinterest Icon

COMPANY

Wine production in Georgia was introduced thousands of years ago, but the first Georgian wine brandy connected to David Sarajishvili’s name appears only in the XIX century.

The end of the XIX century is one of the most productive epochs in Georgian history. It is a time of emerging Georgian magazines, newspapers, printing houses, “the Reading and Writing Society,” the first Georgian theater, the national bank and the first Georgian wine brand factory.

The first Georgian wine brand was created thanks to tireless efforts and tremendous desire of David Sarajishvili. He was the one to establish the first classical brandy making technology in Georgia and to produce the cognac. Sarajishvili has not only introduced the European wine making technologies in Georgia, but also conducted a study of the Georgian climate and soil for choosing right Georgian grape species and creating the best micro-zones for making vineyards. Established in 1884, the company produced its first product in 1887.

David Sarajishvili’s work was highly praised internationally in 1889-1912. As a result, Georgian brandy was awarded with gold medals at Paris, Brussels and Chicago exhibitions. In 1913 the company earned the exceptional status: “the provider of Russian Emperors house”.

Due to the incurable illness, David Sarajishvili passed away in 1911. The great producer and philanthropist invested the most of his 3-million property in his country. He has financially supported the establishment of “The Reading and Writing Society,” the Kutaisi theater, surgery clinics, schools, academic institutions and many others.

The company was headed by David Sarajishvili’s wife, Ekaterine Poraqishvili from 1911. She successfully continued her husband’s activity and also added her contribution to the development of cognac production in Georgia.

During the communist period, the brandy factory became the government property and was named as “Tbilisi Brandy Factory.”

Having returned its name “Sarajishvili,” the company became the private property again in 1994. Due to the wide experience and professionalism, various alcohol reserves and the modern technologies “Sarajishvili House” remarkably continues David Sarajishvili’s activity, to which he has devoted the entire life. Production of “Sarajishvili House” has been awarded with more than 250 prizes at international exhibitions, including 6 super grand prizes, 35 grand prizes, 1 double gold, 1 big gold and 155 gold medals. Thanks to these awards “Sarajishvili House” has been recognized not only at the local, but also at the international market. Nowadays, Sarajishvili brandy is exported approximately in twenty countries of four continents.

Endless creative searching, professionalism, devotion to the business and pursuit of progress are the main characteristics of one of the best Georgian wine brandy producers – “Sarajishvili House “.